Spotlight on Talent 2021 Group Competition Regulations and Information
- By submitting this application, you agree to allow us to use the following in publicity and on the association’s website including, but not limited to – your likeness (photo/video of performance), name, age, home town, and studio / teacher.
- Eligibility requirements – may be amateurs or professionals, children up through 12th grade, no older than 19 years old, and can only compete once as a 12th grader.
- Each participant can be in only one group and one solo performance each year, at the most.
- There will be a limited amount of time to prepare make-up/costumes and change between acts, so consider this in your planning for the finals if in both a group and solo act.
- Group time limit – 5 minutes. If you have competed before, you may not repeat the same performance piece.
- Acts are judged on – Talent-40 points, Stage Presence-5 points, Appropriate Appearance-5 points
- All dance, costumes, and movement gestures should be tastefully done and age appropriate.
- On Back-up music – no other voices / instrumentalist / dancing sounds / etc. should sing / play / perform your part.
- Back-up (accompaniment) music on Mp3s only – no CDs – these should be submitted by deadline of 1/28. Sorry, but we cannot accept any changes after that. Please bring a back-up copy on CD to turn in at check in at prelims. THIS LANGUAGE WILL CHANGE
- Preliminary competition is Saturday, Feb. 13 at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel High. Auditions begin around 8:30 a.m. Young ages will audition earlier, and judging for older acts later.
- Important! After application deadline 1/28, you will receive a notice via email informing you of your audition time, and the full schedule will be posted on www.heritagearts.org. If you DO NOT get that email by Feb. 8, DO NOTIFY us – you need that letter and info!
- Final competition is Saturday, March 6 at the same theater. We will have 2 shows. Groups may be in 1 or 2 categories, split by average age, if numbers allow.
If you have a conflict with either date, contact us before entering.
Contact Barbara Friedman for any questions or concerns – (352) 567-1720 or firstname.lastname@example.org