Deadline is January 23, 2020
- By submitting this application, you agree to allow us to use the following in publicity and on the association’s website including, but not limited to – your likeness (photo/video of performance), name, age, home town, and studio / teacher.
- Eligibility requirements – may be amateurs or professionals, children up through 12th grade, no older than 19 years old, and can only compete once as a 12th grader.
- Each participant may be in only one solo and one group performance each year, at the most.
- There will be a limited amount of time to prepare make-up/costumes and change between acts, so please consider this in your planning for the finals if in both a solo and group act.
- Solo time limit – 3 minutes. If you have competed before, you may not repeat the same performance piece.
- Acts are judged on –
Stage Presence-5 points,
Appropriate Appearance-5 points
- All dance, costumes, and movement gestures should be tastefully done and age appropriate.
- On Back-up music – no other voices / instrumentalist / dancing sounds / etc. should sing / play / perform your part.
- Back-up (accompaniment) music on Mp3 / CD – We prefer Mp3’s submitted ahead of time vs. CD’s given at prelims.
Mp3 – you’ll get an email to submit the file online before prelims, bring a back-up copy on CD to turn in at check in.
CD – bring 2 copies with you to preliminaries, 1 copy won’t be returned to you. Turn in both CDs when you check in.
- Preliminary competition is Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel High. Auditions begin around 8:30 a.m. You will receive a notice via email/mail informing you of your audition time, and the full schedule will be posted on www.heritagearts.org. Young ages will audition earlier, and judging for older contestants later.
- Final competition is Saturday, March 7 at the same theater. We will have 2 shows. Groups may be in 1 category or 2, split by average age, if numbers allow.
If you have a conflict with either date, contact us before entering. Contact Barbara Friedman for any questions or concerns – (352) 567-1720 or email email@example.com
AGREE, EXCEPT I DON’T WANT HACA TO USE MY LIKENESS FOR PUBLICITY