Thank you for submitting your application!
If paying by check, payment must be received by mail no later than February 9, 2023. Send check to HACA- Attn: Spotlight on Talent, PO Box 1131, Dade City, FL 33526.
If you chose to use a credit card payment later or someone else is paying by credit card, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with payer’s name, email and an email will be sent with a link to pay. Please make payment upon receipt of payment link.
Spotlight on Talent 2024 GROUP Competition Regulations and Information
- By submitting this application, you agree to allow us to use the following in publicity and on the association’s website including, but not limited to – your likeness (photo/video of performance), name, age, home town, and studio / teacher.
- Eligibility requirements – may be amateurs or professionals, children up through 12th grade, no older than 19 years old, and can only compete once as a 12th grader.
- Each participant may be in only one solo and one group performance each year, at the most.
- There will be a limited amount of time to prepare make-up/costumes and change between acts, so please consider this in your planning for the finals if in both a solo and group act.
- Group time limit – 5 minutes. If you have competed before, you may not repeat the same performance piece.
- Acts are judged on:
- Talent – 40 points
- Stage Presence – 5 points
- Appropriate Appearance – 5 points.
- All dance, costumes, and movement gestures should be tastefully done and age appropriate.
- On Accompaniment music – no other voices / instrumentalist / dancing sounds / etc. should sing / play / perform your part.
- Heads up!! Stage props must be small and light – able to carried onstage by 2 people, max..
- Accompaniment must be submitted as Mp3s only. These should be submitted online at the time of application. MP3s submitted outside of the application must be uploaded by the deadline of February 1 – NO EXCEPTIONS. Sorry, but we cannot accept any changes after that. Please bring a back-up copy of your accompaniment on a USB thumb drive to turn in at check in at prelims. The thumb drive will be returned upon request.
- Preliminary competition is Saturday, February 10 at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel High. Auditions begin around 8:30 a.m. Young ages will audition earlier, and judging for older contestants later.
- Important! After application deadline January 25, you will receive a notice via email informing you of your audition time, and the full schedule will be posted on www.heritagearts.org. If you DO NOT get that email by January 31 DO NOTIFY us – you need that letter and info! Also, please check your SPAM Folder.
- Final competition is Saturday, March 16 at the same theater. We will have 2 shows. Groups may be scheduled in either show depending on the average age of the group and number of groups. If you have a conflict with either date, contact us before entering – email@example.com or call 352-424-0135.